Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pre-Op - November 2006


My DIEP flap surgery was scheduled for the day before Thanksgiving 2006.

Now was the time to get back into shape and lose the weight I had gained during treatment. I got back into my diet/exercise routine. Over the next six months (June 2006 - November 2006), I lost the 17 pounds I gained during my treatment plus another twenty or so pounds. My goal was 150 pounds. I had started out at 187 and my pre-surgery weight was 153. No matter though - I still had a substantial belly to donate to becoming my new breast!

The pic shows my mastectomy scar. It goes around under my arm a bit. There are also two tiny circular scars under my arm where the drains were.

You can also see the target tattoos from the radiation. They're the little black dots.

No comments: