Saturday, October 25, 2008

So here we are
















SO, here we are. I am still NED (No Evidence of Disease).
I've gained some weight back. I weighed 164 at last count. I don't eat meat anymore. I'm back to a full-time life.


Here are the latest pics of me taken this summer 2008. I'm pleased with how things turned out. Not too fond of the nipple tattoo on the left breast, but I'm not stressed about it.


I'm glad I had DIEP flap reconstruction. My husband and I always joke that it took three women to save my life - my surgical oncologist Dr. Nancy Markus, my oncologist Dr. Chitra Rajagopal, and my radiation oncologist Dr. Anu Singh, but it took a man to build me a primo rack, Dr. Navin Singh.
I have many blessings, and I am mindful of each one everyday. When Dr. Singh asked me what I wanted with this surgery I said, "My breasts have always pouted. They've always looked at the ground, so sad. I want to wake up in the morning and have my size C-cup breasts look up at the sun and say, 'Thank you! Thank you for another day without cancer!'"
Now they do!


Thanks for reading my blog.

No comments: